Friday, December 22, 2006

We arrived home on Tuesday and I went back to work on Wednesday so I haven't even had time to think about updating here (although the fact that I am typing this makes that a lie, doesn't it?) but I hope to get to it on the weekend.

To all those people who keep asking, No, we did NOT bring home a baby. That is still TWO YEARS away. But it was tempting. The little kids in China are so cute, all rugged up in their coats like Michelin babies, with earmuffs and whatnot.

I am ashamed to report that we didn't even look at the 50 questions or family profiles once, but since I knew there was a question about hairdressing on the 50 questions, I did (in the interests of research of course) go to the hairdresser for a haircut and a perm. Amazingly enough, I got what I wanted despite the almost complete language barrier. And it cost less than a quarter of what it would have cost here. They don't charge extra for long hair - Australian hairdressers take note.

Anyway, more on the weekend, I hope, and maybe I will work out how to post some photos.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Hi Sandie, well come on! We're waiting for all the great posts about your adventures in Middle Kingdom!

What a bummer you had to go straight back to work. I saw photos in the paper of the mad rush and huge queues at the airport for Christmas. Hope it wasn't too stressful for you.

Did you pick up some new Chinese words?

We haven't progressed very far with our fifty questions either. We're going to aim to have our act together by my birthday (end of January) so that we can send our profiles and workbook etc in. Could be a bit of a pipedream though... we'll see.

Anyway, happy to have you home and look forward to catching up!