Saturday, April 14, 2007

Finally... received a letter yesterday saying that we have been assigned a social worker and our assessment period starts 26 April. That means that the social worker has 3 months from that date to have our assessment ready for submission to the department (I think.) We should hear from her shortly to organise our first interview.

Apparently some people clean their house from top to bottom and spend hours baking elaborate Chinese-style snacks for their first interview. That won't be happening here. I might ask Scott to shave though.

2 comments:

Emma said...

Yahoo!!! No, I'm not into the big stressy scrub the house thing for a social worker either. I doubt they'd notice anyway!

Unknown said...

Hooray! Progress! I'll bet the social workers can spot the 'artificial' nature of the totally cleaned house and elaborate baking from a mile away. S/He will probably appreciate that you are being real.