Monday, January 15, 2007

I have an online friend known as Fionn who I have known for about 7 years. Fionn is a very patient and talented woman with an eye for detail and she has very kindly offered to make me a 100 Good Wishes Quilt for our baby.

The idea of a 100 Good Wishes Quilt is to welcome a baby into the world and it is a tradition from northern China. Friends and family send squares of fabric and the fabric is sewn into a quilt and the messages that come with them go into a scrapbook as a permanent reminder of who has contributed. We will be blogging the process here and I'll put the link over to the side as well.

(and the rest of the holiday story is coming, I promise!)

1 comment:

Emma said...

Awesome!!! Let us know when you are ready to start collecting squares, as we would love to be involved. I love the quilt blog you've set up - some interesting reading. What a treasure you have found in your friend Fionn!