Monday, January 15, 2007

You may notice also that I have changed the name of this blog from Ashanti Girl to Ashanti Child. This is in recognition of the fact that since we are not specifiying a gender, we may end up with a son. It's more likely to be a girl, but I don't want to prepare everything for a little girl in case we are allocated a boy.

If you've ever wondered what the word "Ashanti" has to do with a Chinese adoption, I will explain. "Ashanti" is the name of the place where I meet my online friends. I have friends there from the US, Canada, Ireland, England, the Netherlands and more. I chose the name "Ashanti" for this blog because to me it means that the world is a little smaller than it used to be. These places might be far away but the people are surprisingly close. I think that applies to international adoption also.

No comments: