Saturday, November 03, 2007

Progress report:

I have had my police check with fingerprints. (That's a bit embarrassing. You just want to tell everyone who walks past "Oh, I'm adopting... I haven't been arrested... I'm adopting... yes, hello I'm adopting...") For the record the cost for that is $146.70 and I had the certificate back within a week. It just says that I don't have any criminal convictions anywhere in Australia.

Scott and I have both had our medicals ($102 each) and blood tests (bulk billed to Medicare.) Scott has to go back to the doctor as one of his tests indicated something funny in his kidney or liver or something (I always get those two mixed up), possibly related to the medication he is on for his cholesterol.

I have my Certificate of Profession from my employer, but Scott's is going to take longer because he is self-employed and our company tax is a year behind. I will be nagging him about this constantly... oh wait... I already do.

We have to have it all together and submitted by end November because we will be away in December and I don't want us to be the couple who hold up the batch!

3 comments:

Emma said...

thanks for the update. do you have to some special form or whatever to get the fingerprints done? I'm wondering if it's something we can do while we wait for word of our approval.

In other news, if you have any times on weekends before you go away free, we'd love to have you over!

Sandie Elsom said...

You could go in and ask for the form, but it doesn't take long to fill in. They took my driver's license and photocopied it, but they told Scott that he needs a certified copy of his license. (I am a JP, if you ever need one, by the way.)

Are you going to the IAFQ picnic at Colmslie on the 18th?

Emma said...

Sorry I didnt see your reply there Sandie - I ticked for it to email me follow up comments, but for some reason it went to my spam. Found it there while doing a big email clean up. Just wanted to let u know that yes, we will be at the picnic today! Hope to see you there!